Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's 2010, Lets try this again

3. That is the number of posts I published in 2009. 365 days in the calendar year and I was only able to find the time during 3 of them to write on here. Was I extraordinarily busy? At times, sure. But mostly no. Did I have bigger and better things going on with my life? Again, there were a few highlights but not as much as I would have liked. Was I lazy? Getting warmer.

Anybody who reads through my posts, and family members aside there is, quite frankly, nobody doing that. But anybody who reads through my posts will see a pattern. I write, then a long time goes by and I start a post by saying something along the lines of, "Oh boy I haven't written on here in a long time but I'm going to start doing it regularly again." That happens for a short while before another long absence followed by another statement of renewed purpose. The sun rises, the world spins, and I renege on my commitments to myself. But if at first you don't succeed...

It's January, the month of resolutions, new beginnings and doomed gym memberships. So here I am again. Recommitted, refreshed and ready to try once more to keep pace with my indefatigable ability to procrastinate. The fact that nobody reads this blog actually bothers me less than I suppose it should. But then, I didn't start it for anybody else. I did it for me. That being the case, every time I quit writing here I'm quitting on myself. Which is a shame really. The world is full of people willing to quit on me, I see no reason to join their majority. I'm ok with being my own biggest fan. I'm even ok with being my only fan. Maybe it's only temporary and maybe it's not. Either way, it seems to me a tragedy to give up on someone I care so deeply about. So, imaginary readers, I'm back on a trial basis. Hopefully this time I stick around for much longer and try much harder. Only time will tell. At the very least, I'm proving myself an optimist. There are worse things to be than someone who hopes against the odds that this time will be different.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites