Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Ever WWW

I noticed that the address for this blog does not start with a www as most websites do. And while I claim to be something of a noncomformist and I truly believe change is good...I can't help but desire some www on this page. Call it sentimentality, perhaps it will give me a false sense of security, I'm not sure. Starting today I will post a Wednesday Words of WiseDumb (WWW) every Wednesday. It's just my little way of helping you get through humpday with your sanity intact. Wondering what it is? Well I'm going to tell you anyway.

For a long time now I've had an obsession with quotes. Famous quotes, obscure quotes, movie quotes, doesn't matter. Anything that excited or inspired me was added to a collection that is now remarkably huge. After a while I decided I would write my own thoughts down in a concise manner, much like the quotes I enjoyed. So I started saving small phrases from all sorts of places (other things I'd written, random thoughts, pieces of larger ideas) and called them quotes by me. They vary in length, depth and subject, but I think there are some genuinely good things in there. So every Wednesday afternoon I'll post one on here for people to read and let them think about it or talk about it or disagree with me over it. Anything really. Here is the first such WWW:

In the great sea of regret which we all occasionally swim in, that thing which should be missed most is the life that might have been lived had our courage been great enough to live it.
JT

Let me know what you think guys, all comments, criticisms and discussions are welcome. Happy Humpday.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites